Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Controller stuck pointing left or right.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controller stuck pointing left or right.

Every 20 games or at random my character goes left or right and won't stop until I hit the digital directional pad in the direction the character is moving. It's as iff there is a phantom 'button down' event for left or right d-pad.

Unrelated, I also have noticed that it seems the controller handling thread stalls under load. I can occasionally lose responsiveness. It might help to bump the thread priority of whichever thread is handling controller input.

Hello! Thank you for your message. We are aware there are some issues with the external controllers. We just haven't had enough information about the issue to replicate the problem and investigate it.

Every 20 games? It can happen both in Single Player and in multiplayer mode? Does using special bombs or having a battle deck / not having a battle deck effect this in any way?
    FAQ
    Perguntas frequentes
    Preguntas frecuentes

Comment

I've seen it in single player but it's rare - one in a few hundred games I guess. It generally bites in multi-player.
      I'm not sure if that points at thread timing or locking issue because there's generally more things going on in a multi-player game. Higher chance of timing bugs I presume.
      I'm seeing this on a 2015 Nvidia Shield. Doesn't seem related to battle deck or special bombs or anything. There is just this phantom button down event that doesn't go away.
      If I can provide debug logs somehow, happy to do that.

Comment

Hunt for the phantom button begins! Let's see what can be done. Thank you for your help!
        FAQ
        Perguntas frequentes
        Preguntas frecuentes

Comment

Oh, one more hint - it can persist outside of gameplay. E.g. menus after a game. So it's some structure that outlives a single game.

Comment

...and now it seems to happen with the analog stick, pointing up!

Comment

Any luck? This is driving me insane! I'm losing 20% of games due to loss of control.

Comment

I replaced controller. Analogue stick issue was hardware. D pad issue is bomber friends only and so seemingly software. Driving me crazy. Please fix!

Comment

Just an update on this one. I still have the problem occasionally but I generally don't play on the Shield any more. It would be great if I could, but because it doesn't support mapping buttons to powerups, you have to mash a button to cycle through which takes away a HUGE competitive advantage. I can't play at the same competitive level on the Shield now compared to a phone. I imagine you're losing more "serious" (addicted) players that might otherwise use the shield for similar reasons.

Comment

• Maija
                    Maija commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Fixing the buttons is on the todo list but it is quite low priority and therefore other fixes and features go pass it all the time.
                Working...
                X