First thoughts about Beta!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First thoughts about Beta!

What were your first thoughts when you opened the beta version? What did you like? What was hard?
    FAQ
    Perguntas frequentes
    Preguntas frecuentes

Where i can get beta version ?

Comment

Where i can get beta version ?

Comment

The beta version will become available THIS WEEK! The link will be posted here on the Forum. Thank you for your interest.
        FAQ
        Perguntas frequentes
        Preguntas frecuentes

Comment

Alguns amigos conseguiram a versão beta pela play story, mas no meu não aparece a opção de ser testador beta.

Comment

Originally posted by Nik View Post
            Alguns amigos conseguiram a versão beta pela play story, mas no meu não aparece a opção de ser testador beta.
            We forgot to hide the link properly. That version is NOT READY for testing. Your friends need to install the beta version again when we publish it.

Esquecemos de esconder o link corretamente. Essa versão não está pronta para testes. Seus amigos precisam instalar a versão beta novamente quando a publicarmos.
            (Traduzido com o Google)
            FAQ
            Perguntas frequentes
            Preguntas frecuentes

Comment

I can't get nothing of the new things how to get them

Comment

• Maija
                Maija commented
                Editing a comment
                Please explain what you mean. What things are you trying to get? Do you mean the powerup cards? Or the items? You get those from the chests.

The bombs.

Comment

Es muy fácil. Parece para niños menores de 10 años pongan en cada arena minimo como 50 canchas y necesario como 2000 medallas para poder pasar al siguiente arena.

Comment

This new mode is awesome, i liked the news bombs and the system of levels to get upgrades. The difficulty to win the medals is balanced, in my opinion it's normal.
                  Sorry If i wrote something wrong.

Comment

• Maija
                    Maija commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm glad to hear you like it!

The first thing I noticed is the disappearance of the regular multiplayer game, will it be removed for all players or this is just for beta players? Please give us back the old multiplayer mode alongside the new arena because how else could we increase our rank!

Comment

• Maija
                    Maija commented
                    Editing a comment
                    We need feedback on the Arena battle mode and the new powerups. It is important that everyone in beta plays on the arenas. Plan is to have both VS Friends and Arena battles in the final version.

So far:

1. Power ups are a bit overpowered. Shield is just too good. The throwing ones end games immediately at the start and players are 'camping' to throw them . I do like them though. I will elaborate more after further games.

2. It feels a bit too 'pay to win' and adds elements to the game which increase anxiety to players so they log in more. No longer a play and put down game. I know this is a move to increase engagement and income but at the cost to the players wellbeing. I actually deleted all games which used this system due to research on anxiety caused by them. I am giving this version a fair shake though.

3. In my opinion the best mode is left out which is reversi. This mode is the most fun by far to me and others in play with. Larger maps are fun and now no longer used.

4. Those who lag still have a distinct advantage. Not as a bad as a year ago but still dissappear and reappear and it's hard to play against. When you lose to them it's frustrating and there is a penalty to medals.
                  ​​​
                  5. The currency system needs cleaning. There are now 4 currencies. What will happen to my gold? Why can't I use it in it he arena? Also why can i unlock only one chest at a time? Would be better to have them all 'unlocking' at the same time.

6. If you are a beginner this mode is a a lot less fun. Hard to win = no battle chest. No medals no chests. No cards= even less chance of winning.
                  ​​​​​
                  ​​​​

Comment

• Maija
                    Maija commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you for your comments! I actually have some answers to all of these if you are interested?

1. I'm so jealous! I haven't gotten the shield one yet. I have the throw hex and I love throwing it at the beginning. But I think it is a bit unfair. I suggested that all matches start with the cooldown. Then everyone has some time to clear up the map before special bombs can be used. Balancing the cards is hard and all feedback is appreciated.

2. Being successful and Increasing income is obviously something we want. We don't want the company to go under and then we'll all end up unemployed. There will be an option to turn off the notifications. Maybe that lowers anxiety? Do you have any other ideas for a solution? More engagement without increasing anxiety?

3. We are not taking the VS Friends games away. They are just disabled from the beta version because there is nothing new there and we need all the testers to play the Arena mode. I agree on the larger maps being fun... but I hate the reversi mode! It's so difficult. I always lose!

4. There is only two regions in use for the Beta (there is 4 in the released version). When the Arena mode is released and all regions are in use there should be less lag. Servers keep an eye out on the matches and react to some lag issues. For example if you missed a bomb because there was lag the servers notice your escape and kill you. But yeah, it's super annoying if you trap someone between two bombs and they manage to escape!

5. This is a problem we are currently thinking about. The main issue with the old coins and gold is that it is easy to hack. On the new arena mode the currencies are not that easy to hack and we'll be able to delete hacked coins/gems/items from a player and also ban them. One probable scenario is to combine old coins and gold and you can still keep on using them on single player campaign. I'm not sure yet what is going to happen with the currencies. 4 is too many... and the old can't be use on the arenas... The one chest opening at a time is an engagement thing. Maybe some kind of combo opening could be an option (and not cause so much anxiety)... I'll talk with the devs and see what they think.

6. There is no matchmaking on the beta version. There is not enough players for that. But when the arena mode is released players are matched against others who are equally good. Noobies play against noobies and the changes for winning are better than against pros. But still, if you lose many times in a row you might quit. This already happens in the current version though... We gather statistics on how many matches are started and in what point players give up. We need to think of ways to make it more interesting to stay.

Thank you for making me think about these things. I already got some new ideas to talk about with the team. I think I'll check on those anxiety studies too.
                Working...
                X